SLOG #3

Since I was never learnt computer programming before, while I was doing this course, I felt like I am always lost in the course when I get into new knowledges. And the most difficult part is how to design functions, especially for the two projects. After the three months learning, I can share some opinions and give some advices for the future students who want to do this course later.

Before starting designing functions, recall what we have learnt in the class and read through the CSC104 language manual, which can be found in the course website. From my own perspective, this page is truly useful, it can help me to build a knowledge structure. Therefore, when I see a problem, I know where should I begin and which direction should I go.

In addition, DrRacket helps me to design functions as well. To be more specific, when I finish my function and run it, DrRacket can tell me why it cannot be run, where the mistakes occur and even what is expected. Therefore, understand DrRacket is really important. Furthermore, another advice for functions design is, try your best to understand how computer is thinking.  

Besides the function design, get prepared for the class is important as well. Therefore, I also have some advices for how to prepare for this course.

First of all, review what have be learnt in the previous class is important. When I have a clear idea about what I just learnt, I can easily connect the knowledges and build my own structure in my mind. Moreover, try to understand each concept after the class or go to the office hour, which is important and helpful. Always get a clear mind is better than rush before the test. Lastly, GO TO EVERY LECTURE. I know we always want to do some other things as well, but if you want to do well in the course, lectures are still important. If you really have an emergency, sometimes, watch the lecture video.


To be frank, this course is not a tough course. We do not need to panic about it. However, it still required us to work hard and do as much as we can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SLOG#2

SLOG#1